★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2-3 chicken breast skinless
- 1 tbs, chicken base
- 2-1/2 c. self rising flour
- 2-3 tbs crisco shortening or you can use oil
- cold water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 to 1 can evaporated milk or you can use reg. milk if you prefer
How to Make Chicken and Dumplings
- 1Cook chicken breasts in water cover well. Cook until very tender remove from bone if you don't use boneless. Add th chicken base 1Tbs,to the water when you start chicken.
- 2Mix flour and shortening or oil together. Add very cold water to the mexture to form a firm dough. Roll dough out to thin layer. Cut in strips then small pieces.
- 3Bring broth to a boil drop dumplings in a few at a time until all are in pot. Adjust temp so dumplings don't boil over cook 10-15 minutes uncovered cover lightly another 10-15 min. add milk stir occ. season with salt and pepper. Add shreddednor small pieces of chicken.