Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 2/3 c
- heart healthy bisquick
- 8 oz
- diced chicken tenders
- 1 c
- skim milk
- 2 Tbsp
- chicken soup base (not boullion), this is a powdered more concentrated product, that comes in a tub. if you use boullion, you will need 6 (one for each cup of water)
- black pepper to taste (optional)
How to Make Chicken and Dumplings
- 1in a large skillet,saute the diced chicken breast for about 5 minutes. add 6 cups of water, chicken soup base, and black pepper (if desired) to the skillet, and bring to a boil. While liquid is coming to a boil, mix the bisquick and milk together in a bowl.
- 2When liquid is boiling, drop bisquick dumplings into it by tablespoon (you should get 18 dumplings). Once all the dumplings are in the pan, turn the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, uncovered. After 10 minutes, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- 3Each serving is 3 dumplings with chicken and broth. A serving equals 255 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, and 40 grams of carbs.