Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
3boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 tspdried basil
1 can(s)chicken soup with herbs
1 Tbspinstant bouillion powder (chicken flavor)
1 1/5 cchicken broth
How to Make Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
- When building the layered casserole, do NOT mix the layers!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place one stick of butter in 13 X 9 in. casserole and put in oven just until butter is melted.
- Cut chicken into small bite size pieces. Put oil in skillet and brown chicken pieces until no longer pink.
- Spread chicken pieces in casserole over butter.
Sprinkle salt, pepper, and basil over chicken. (If you want to serve this as pot pie, add a layer of vegetables now)
- In a small bowl, mix bisquick and milk, adding milk gradually. Slowly pour over chicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soup, bouillion and broth. Slowly pour over the bisquick.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown.