Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The aroma of the garlic and onion cooking together is wonderful and then add the basil and... well it just makes your mouth water. The basil in the dumplings is very different and a nice change.
This is so easy to make. Pair with a nice glass of cold sweet tea and you're ready to go! The Test Kitchen
1/4 cchopped onion
1/2 cchopped celery
2garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cbutter or margarine
1 tspdried basil
1/2 tspground black pepper
4 cchicken broth
10 ozpackage frozen peas
4 ccubed, cooked chicken
2 tspdried basil
How to Make Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
- In a large saucepan, saute onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, basil, pepper and broth; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute; reduce heat.
- Add peas and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- For the dumplings, combine Bisquick and basil in a bowl.
- Stir in milk with a fork until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto casserole (12 dumplings).
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cover and bake 10 minutes more or until dumplings are done.