Chicken and broccoli surprise
My children have loved this recipe for years. I serve it with jag and everyone who tries it wants the recipe. It is easy and a one pan meal.
8boneless skinless chicken breast
1 stickunsalted butter
8-10frozen brocclie spears
8-10 slicemuenster cheese
1sleeve of ritz crackers, low salt or garlic if you prefer
1 1/2 tspof garlic powder
1 tspblack pepper
3 cprepared or homemade chicken gravy
How to Make Chicken and broccoli surprise
- Layer frozen broccoli on the bottom of a 8x13 rectangular pan.(Brownie pan will do).
- Layer muenster cheese over the broccoli.
- Layer chicken breast on the muenster cheese.
- Crush ritz crackers and top the entire layer of chicken.
- Melt butter and add garlic and pepper, pour over the ritz crackers.
- Lay bacon over the top of the chicken.
- Pour gravy on each serving if desired.