Chicken and Black Pepper Dumplings
This a quick, easy, delicious recipe that includes black pepper dumplings! Yay!
My family likes this a lot.
Hope you enjoy as well!
- 1 1/2 c
- milk, 2%
- 3/4 c
- frozen green peas
- 3/4 c
- frozen sliced, or diced carrots
- 1 c
- cut-up cooked chicken breast (or rotisserie chicken)
- 1 can(s)
- (10 3/4 oz) condensed, creamy chicken mushrrom soup
- 1 c
- original bisquick mix
- 1/3 c
- 2% milk
- 1-2 tsp
- good freshly ground black pepper or to your taste
- handful of fresh chopped parsley about 2 tbls)
How to Make Chicken and Black Pepper Dumplings
- 1Heat 1-1/2 cups milk, the peas, carrots, chicken and soup to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Lower heat a little and soup should return to just a bubble.
- 2Stir bisquick mix, 1/3 cup milk and the pepper until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 8 spoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- 3Cook covered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with parsley.
- 4Notation: To keep Bisquick mix fresh longer, refrigerate after opening.
For tender dumplings, don't overmix the dough. Mix just until moistened.
- 5I sometimes add a can of whole potatoes to the pot when hubby is extra hungry. I serve this with a nice salad and artisan bread.