Chicken and Biscuit Casserole
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 ccooked, cubed chicken or 2 cans ( 5 oz each) boned chicken
1 can(s)10-oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg10-oz frozen peas, thawed
1 cshredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cchopped pimento, if desired
2 Tbspchopped onion
1-1/2 cunbleached flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/4 cbutter or margarine
1/2 ccup shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Chicken and Biscuit Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In medium saucepan, combine first seven ingredients; heat until hot and bubbly.
Pour hot chicken in non greased shallow asking dish.
- In medium mixing bowl,combine, baking powder and salt; stir to blend.
Using pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until consistency of coarse meal.
Add milk, stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out on floured surface; sprinkle lightly with flour. Knead gently 10 to 12 times until no longer sticky. Roll out and press to 1/2- inch thickness; cut with 2- inch floured cutter.
- Arrange biscuits over hot mixture. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese; and return to oven for 5 minutes.