Chicken and Artichoke Cacciatore1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 ozartichoke hearts, marinated and undrained
4 lbchicken pieces
1 largechopped onion
1/2 lbfresh mushrooms, sliced
3garlic cloves, crushed
28 oztomatoes, canned whole and undrained
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cmadeira wine
How to Make Chicken and Artichoke Cacciatore
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade.
- Set artichokes aside.
- Place marinade and butter in a large skillet.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Brown chicken in butter mixture over medium-high heat.
- Transfer chicken to 13x9" baking dish, reserving butter mixture in skillet.
- Saute onion and next 5 ingredients in reserved butter mixture in large skillet until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in reserved artichokes, tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour tomato mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
- Remove cover and pour madeira over chicken.
- Cover and bake in aditional 10 minutes.
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Serve cacciatore over linguine.