By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 conion, chopped
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1 cchicken broth
1/4 calmonds, slivered
1 Tbspred chiles, ground
1/2 tspcinnamon, ground
2chicken breasts, halved and boneless
How to Make Chicken Almendrado
- Cook and stir onion in margarine and oil in a 10-inch skillet, until tender.
- Stir in broth, 1/4 cup of almonds, the ground red chiles, vinegar, sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat to boiling; reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into a blender container, cover and blend on low speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Return sauce to skillet.
- Dip chicken breasts into the sauce to coat both sides.
- Place skin sides up in a single layer in the skillet.
- Heat to boiling and then reduce the heat, cover and simmer until done, about 45 minutes.
- Serve sauce over chicken and sprinkle with the remaining slivered almonds.