4 largechicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1/2 cmozzarella cheese shredded (or any kind you like asiago or swiss is my fave)
1/2 lbbacon, cooked and chopped
8 ozcream cheese (boursin read my note)
1 largeegg or you can use egg whites or egg beaters
3/4 cbread crumbs, seasoned
How to Make Chicken Alla Cathy
- Preheat ove to 375.
- Soften cream cheese (or boursin)and mix mozzarella, chives and bacon real good. (I dont use salt as I find the bacon and season bread crumbs is more then you need but adjust accordingly to your own taste.)
- I take one chicken breast and cut in half so that you open it like a book and then cut that so you have 2 equal parts-do that for the other 4 so you have 8 pieces
I take a large piece of plastic wrap put chicken in between fold the plastic wrap over the chicken and flatten the chicken breast with a meat mallot.
- Spoon the cheese mixture equally onto all your flattened chicken breasts and then roll up(burrito style)and secure it with a toothpick. Just remember how many toothpicks you use so no ones eating a piece of wood :)
- Pass the secured chicken breast thru the egg and then thru the bread crumb and place on a pan (I use a small sheet cake type cookie sheet pan)sprayed with pam (I also wrap the pan in foil so clean up is easier)
I sometimes add grated parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs but thats optional)
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 mins to an hour or until lightly browned.