- 4 large
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 c
- mozzarella cheese shredded (or any kind you like asiago or swiss is my fave)
- 1/2 lb
- bacon, cooked and chopped
- 8 oz
- cream cheese (boursin read my note)
- 1/4 c
- 1 large
- egg or you can use egg whites or egg beaters
- 3/4 c
- bread crumbs, seasoned
How to Make Chicken Alla Cathy
- 1Preheat ove to 375.
- 2Soften cream cheese (or boursin)and mix mozzarella, chives and bacon real good. (I dont use salt as I find the bacon and season bread crumbs is more then you need but adjust accordingly to your own taste.)
- 3I take one chicken breast and cut in half so that you open it like a book and then cut that so you have 2 equal parts-do that for the other 4 so you have 8 pieces
I take a large piece of plastic wrap put chicken in between fold the plastic wrap over the chicken and flatten the chicken breast with a meat mallot.
- 4Spoon the cheese mixture equally onto all your flattened chicken breasts and then roll up(burrito style)and secure it with a toothpick. Just remember how many toothpicks you use so no ones eating a piece of wood :)
- 5Pass the secured chicken breast thru the egg and then thru the bread crumb and place on a pan (I use a small sheet cake type cookie sheet pan)sprayed with pam (I also wrap the pan in foil so clean up is easier)
I sometimes add grated parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs but thats optional)
- 6Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 mins to an hour or until lightly browned.