Chicken Alfredo Pizza
I am lazy when it comes to pizza and have used frozen bread dough for years. Having rotisserie chicken available has made this recipe a breeze!
I thought adding spinach and mushrooms would make this pizza more hearty AND sneak in a few more veggies.
I used a variety of cheeses, but to save money you could use one kind.
Also, the "Alfredo" sauce is more of a white sauce and less of a commercial Alfredo (no cream cheese).
My family really enjoyed it and the seasoning was very mild, which you can always adjust to personal taste.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We love the creaminess of an Alfredo recipe combined with the heartiness of the chicken. Perfect for a cozy night in, game night with friends or cut up for a cocktail party app! The Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch dried rosemary
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
- 1-2 loaves frozen bread dough, completely thawed and let rise
- 1 fully cooked italian seasoned/plain rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bone and chopped
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups italian cheese blend, shredded
How to Make Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 1Garlic Butter: Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Blend in garlic, rosemary, and salt. Set aside.
- 2Pizza Dough: Pre-heat oven to 400°. After dough has completely thawed and risen until doubled. Turn out on a greased pizza pan, spreading to edge. Poke dough repeatedly with a fork to get minimal rise. Spread garlic butter over crust with a pastry brush. Cook dough in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and pierce any air bubbles that rose while baking, flattening surface.
- 3Alfredo Sauce: Melt butter, salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Add flour, creating a roux. Whisk in milk and Romano cheese. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat.
In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of Alfredo sauce and the chopped chicken. This helps the meat from drying out while cooking.
- 4Assemble: Cover dough with alfredo sauce. Then add mozzarella cheese over sauce. Top with torn spinach, sliced mushrooms, and cooked chicken. The last layer is an Italian Pizza blend cheese (or additional mozzarella).
- 5Bake: Put in the oven at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let set for 3-5 minutes before cutting.