Chicken Ala King- dairy- & soy-free
To make this quick to prepare after work, I chop the chicken, onion, and mushroom the night before and keep them in plastic bags in the refrigerator for the next day.
Also, note that this dish does not taste like coconut from the coconut milk. The coconut milk just helps to make it creamy.
- 3-4 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz
- cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- chicken broth, low salt
- 1/4 c
- silk pure coconut milk- original flavor
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 3/4 c
- frozen peas
- white rice, cooking according to the package
How to Make Chicken Ala King- dairy- & soy-free
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until the onion starts to become translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- 2Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until they soften. Sprinkle the onions and mushrooms with the flour. Stir and until everything is coated.
- 3Slowly add the chicken broth to the pan while whisking. Next add the coconut milk. Sprinkle the sauce with garlic powder and then stir to combine.
- 4Add the chicken and the frozen peas and cook over medium heat until the chicken is cook through, about 15-20 minutes.
- 5If at any point the sauce it too thick, add more chicken broth until it reached desired consistency.
- 6Serve over white rice.