Chicken a la King
5 Tbspreal butter
2 cwashed and sliced mushrooms
1 can(s)chicken stock/broth
1large jar of pimento, drained
1 tsponion salt or powder
1 cwhole milk
2 cof diced and cooked chicken tenderloins with gristle removed (pan fried or boiled)
5-6 Tbspall purpose flour
1 boxpepperidge farm puff pastry sheets
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken a la King
- Remove puff pastry from the freezer and let semi thaw (10 minutes).
- Unfold pastry sheet, lay it flat and cut into 2 inch squares. Place squares onto a lightly greased baking/cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until slightly browned on top. Set aside and keep warm.
- Saute mushrooms in butter until softened. Add cooked chicken, pimento and 1/2 can of chicken stock/broth. Mix flour with remaining stock/broth and mix well until there are no lumps. Slowly add flour/stock mixture to the chicken/mushroom/pimento mixture. Cook over medium heat and stir frequently until thickened.
- Once mixture is thickened, slowly add milk and stir until thoroughly blended and slightly thickened but do not boil!
- Serve over puff pastry shells.