Cheesy Tomato Basil Chicken Breasts1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 c
- tomatoes, fresh and chopped
- 1/3 c
- chopped onion
- 6 oz
- tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic clove
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 c
- fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 c
- chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 6 oz
- mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
How to Make Cheesy Tomato Basil Chicken Breasts
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In 9x13 inch baking pan, melt 3 tablespoon butter in oven.
- 3In medium bowl, stir together remaining sauce ingredients except chicken; set aside.
- 4Place chicken in baking pan, turning to coat with butter.
- 5Spoon sauce mixture over chicken.
- 6Bake 30 to 40 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- 7Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together all topping ingredients except cheese.
- 8Place cheese strips over chicken; sprinkle with topping mix.
- 9Continue baking 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and bread crumbs are brown.