Cheesy Mexican butter stuffed chicken
·1/2 cup each diced onion and poblano chili
·1/4 cup each diced red bell pepper and jalapeno
·two cloves garlic, chopped
·1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
·1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin and dried oregano
·1 tablespoon unsalted butter
·4 tablespoons each cream cheese and unsalted butter, cubed and softened
·2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
·1/4 teaspoon minced fresh lime zest
·four boneless skinless chicken breast, 6 to 7 ounces each
How to Make Cheesy Mexican butter stuffed chicken
- mince onion, chili, Bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, cumin, oregano, and coriander in a food processor.
- Sauté vegetable mixture in 1 tablespoon butter in a pan over medium-high heat, season with salt and pepper, and cook until moisture evaporates, 15 minutes.
- Mash cream cheese, 4 tablespoons butter, vegetable mixture, cilantro and zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread filling onto plastic wrap into a 4 inch square; wrap, chill until firm, 30 minutes then quarter.
- Pound, stuff, bread, and Fry chicken according to directions below.
Pound chicken breast to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick one at a time inside a resealable plastic bag with 1 teaspoon water using the smooth side of a mallet. Place the bag on a kitchen towel to cushion the chicken during pounding. Avoid pounding breasts too thin to prevent holes or torn edges.
Stuff chicken breast by placing a quarter of the filling in the center of each pounded breast. Fold the end over the filling tucking the sides then continue rolling until the filling is covered. Tightly wrap the stuffed breasts in plastic wrap and repeat stuffing and wrapping with remaining breasts. Chill breasts at least one hour or as long as overnight, or freeze just until firm.
- Bread the chicken by first dredging in 1/4 cup flour, then dipping into one beaten egg, and finally rolling in 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs, pressing to coat. At this point, the crumbs need to adhere to the chicken. Wrap the breaded breasts in plastic wrap and chill to set the coating at least one hour or up to three hours
- Fry all the stuffed breasts until browned on both sides in 1/2 inch of canola oil heated to 375°, five -- seven minutes. After Browning, transfer breasts to a rack set over a baking sheet and transfer to the oven preheated to 450°. Roast stuffed breasts until an instant read thermometer inserted into the chicken registers 165°, 15 -- 20 minutes.