★★★★★ 1 vote5
6 Tbspall purpose flour divided
1 1/2 tspsalt divided
1/4 tspground black pepper
6boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cbutter (1/2 stick)
1 1/4 chalf and half
6 ozfresh mushrooms sliced
1 Tbsplemon juice, fresh
1 1/2 cmild shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Cheesy Chicken
- In a shallow dish or bowl combine 4 tablespoons flour, paprika, 1 tsp salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture until well coated.
- In a large skillet brown the chicken in 1/4 cup of butter.
- Add water and let simmer covered for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- When chicken breasts are done simmering, remove from skillet (saving the drippings) and place in a 9x13in baking dish.
- In the same skillet you cooked the chicken breasts in, with the drippings, Combine remaining 2 Tbs. flour, 1/2 tsp. salt and half and half.
- Over medium heat mix together until thick and bubbling.
- Add mushrooms and lemon juice and stir together.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake uncovered in your preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- About 8 minutes before it's done, sprinkle mild cheddar over the top. When it's melted you are done!