★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 Tbsp
- all purpose flour divided
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- salt divided
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 c
- butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/4 c
- half and half
- 6 oz
- fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 1 1/2 c
- mild shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Cheesy Chicken
- 1In a shallow dish or bowl combine 4 tablespoons flour, paprika, 1 tsp salt and pepper.
- 2Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture until well coated.
- 3In a large skillet brown the chicken in 1/4 cup of butter.
- 4Add water and let simmer covered for 30-35 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6When chicken breasts are done simmering, remove from skillet (saving the drippings) and place in a 9x13in baking dish.
- 7In the same skillet you cooked the chicken breasts in, with the drippings, Combine remaining 2 Tbs. flour, 1/2 tsp. salt and half and half.
- 8Over medium heat mix together until thick and bubbling.
- 9Add mushrooms and lemon juice and stir together.
- 10Pour sauce over chicken and bake uncovered in your preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- 11About 8 minutes before it's done, sprinkle mild cheddar over the top. When it's melted you are done!