Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless, thawed
- 2 c
- rice, uncooked (not minute rice)
- 1 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 2 can(s)
- (10.5 oz) cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 1 pkg
- lipton onion soup mix
How to Make Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Layer rice, 1 c. cheese, salt and pepper in pan. Place chicken breasts on top. Dob rounded teaspoons of cream of chicken soup over the chicken breasts and rice. Pour water on top and sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- 3Bake uncovered for 1 1/2 hours, checking water after 1 hour. (If water is absorbed before chicken and rice are completely cooked, you can add an additional 1/2 c. to keep moist) Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c. cheese.
**If using brown rice, cooking time will be about 15 minutes longer.