Cheesy chicken enchiladas
- 2 large
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- flour or corn tortillas (larger size)
- 1 can(s)
- black beans, drained well
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes, with chilis, drained well
- 2 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese (may want more)
- 1 jar(s)
- taco sauce
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning
- 1 c
- salsa, sour cream, shredded lettuce
How to Make Cheesy chicken enchiladas
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Pour taco sauce in bottom of large baking pan.
- 2Shred 2 fully cooked chicken breasts (I cook in crockpot & then shred w/ 2 forks). Or simply shred a rotissiere chicken, if in hurry.
- 3Mix 1 pack taco seasoning w/ 1 cup of water & mix into chicken well.
- 4Prepare tortillas as package directs. I didn't even heat my first or anything, and they were great.
- 5Make sure black beans & tomatoes are vell well drained. Stir & squeeze out excess moisture. Now, make a little assembly line to fill tortillas.
- 6Fill each tortilla w/ seasoned chicken, beans & tomatoes, and cheese. Make a pocket & roll up, making sure it is nice & tight. Place in pan and continue filling & rolling.
- 7Sprinkle with more cheese. Cover very loosely w/ alumninum foil & bake for 30 mins. Remove foil & bake another 10 mins, or until the cheese is melted to your liking.
- 8Top with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and shredded lettuce. I served w/ yellow rice and some fresh cilantro. You can always add corn to the filling recipe too.