Cheesy Chicken Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1.25 c
- rice, cooked
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- bell pepper, chopped
- 3 c
- chicken, cooked and cut in pieces
- ham, cubed
- 1 can(s)
- cheddar soup, condensed
- 1/4 c
How to Make Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- 1Prepare rice according to directions or your desire. Set aside.
- 2Cut up the chicken into small chunks and cook through, either on the stove top or the microwave.
- 3You can either cook it and then cut it up, or cut it up and then cook it.
- 4Chop onion and peppers into small pieces.
- 5Saute onion and pepper in the butter for about 4 minutes or until tender.
- 6Cut up the ham slice into small cube-like pieces.
- 7(Although, any kind of ham, sliced, diced, cubed, would do).
- 8Stir in the cooked chicken, cubed ham, soup (straight from the can) and the milk.
- 9Heat until chicken is hot, stirring frequently.
- 10Stir the rice into the mixture and cook another few minutes until everything is hot.
- 11Be sure to mix in rice thoroughly.
- 12Will keep well if you prepare ahead and reheat before serving.
- 13Just be sure to heat it and mix it again well before serving.
- 14Freezes well also if you want to make an extra batch.