★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- ribs celery, chopped
- 1 lb
- chicken breast, diced
- 1 c
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheese (cheddar, jack, colby, gouda, or any combination)
How to Make Cheesy chicken broccoli rice
- 1Saute garlic, onion and celery in a small amount of oil (I use olive oil) until onions are soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add chicken and saute until cooked, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add rice and stir to combine well. Add broth, cover, and reduce heat to simmer for 15minutes.
- 4When rice is tender, add cheese a little at a time, stirring until well combined. If necessary, you can add a little more broth at this point to make it a little soupy. Cover and let simmer on very low heat, stirring occasionally, for another 15-20minutes.