Cheese-Fried Chicken Breasts1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 ozdark beer
1 largeonion, finely chopped
1 Tbspcooking oil
1 can(s)tomatoes, canned whole, drained and cut up
1 Tbspchili powder
1/4 cwhipping cream
2 largechicken breasts, boneless and split
4 slicecheddar cheese
·salt and pepper
1/2 coil, for frying
How to Make Cheese-Fried Chicken Breasts
- Place flour in a mixing bowl and slowly pour in the beer while mixing.
- Add the egg white, pepper and desired salt and mix well.
- Taste for salt and pepper and add if desired.
- Cover the bowl and set aside for 30 minutes before using.
- Combine onions and oil in a small dutch oven or casserole, place in the oven and turn temperature to 375.
- Add tomatoes and add peppers to the dutch oven.
- Add cumin, cream and salt as desired.
- Cook 30 minutes, remove from the oven and scrape the contents into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a piece of cheese under the skin of each breast, dredge each breast in flour and shake off the excess.
- Heat the frying oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat on the stove.
- When the oil is hot enough for frying (350), dip each breast in the beer batter and let the excess run off.
- Place skin-side down in the oil and fry until golden.
- Turn and fry other side, about 1 minute per side.
- Remove breasts from the oil as they are done, drain on paper towels and transfer to a baking dish.
- Place the chicken breasts in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Place tomato sauce in a saucepan and reheat. (If the mixture is too thin, place it in a saucepan over high heat and boil down).
- Pour the sauce onto a platter and arrange the chicken breasts on top.