Cheese and Ham, Stuffed Chicken Rolls, Wrapped in Maple Bacon
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 6 large
- chicken breast
- 12 slice
- thin ham slices
- 1 1/2 c
- ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 1/2 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg
- maple flavored bacon, uncooked
- corn meal
- 1 jar(s)
- alfredo sauce
How to Make Cheese and Ham, Stuffed Chicken Rolls, Wrapped in Maple Bacon
- 1preheat oven to 325.
- 2Mix the mozzarella cheese,cottage cheese,and ricotta cheese together in a bowl and set it aside.
- 3Pound chicken to about 1/4 inch, Thin enough to Roll it. You can do this in a zip lock bag or using 2 pieces of saran wrap.
- 4Flip the chicken so the the so the smooth end is on the bottom. You will want to stuff the rough looking side of the chicken.
- 5place 2 pieces of ham on to the chicken. starting at one end put about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture on the chicken. Roll about 1/2 and add 2 more tablespoons of cheese and roll up the rest of the chicken breast.
- 6Take 2 slices of bacon and wrap each end of the chicken roll with a slice of bacon.
(I used tooth pics to hold it together.)
- 7place enough corn meal in a bowl to roll the chicken into the corn meal. Including the ends of the roll.
- 8Place to rolls in a deep dish. Cover with foil and cook on 325 for about 40 min. Checking the temp. on meat therm. Should reach 170 in thickest part of roll. Going in about 2 inch. on the therm.
- 9When the chicken is cooked, remove the rolls to a second pan and just scoop out any cheese that may have spilled out and place that and some of the juice from the pan over the chicken.
- 10Poor your Alfredo sauce over the top. (if using tooth pics, remove them before putting on cheese sauce.) Place the pan back in the oven a cook until cheese is heated.
- 11Let the chicken rest for about 5 min. before cutting into the master piece.