Cheddar Chicken Pot Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 clow-fat baking mix
1.5 cchicken broth
2 cpotatoes, peeled and cubed
1 ccarrots, sliced
1/2 csliced celery
1/2 cchopped onion
1/2 cchopped green bell pepper
1.5 cskim milk
2 cfat-free cheddar cheese or lowfat shredded
4 ccooked chicken, diced
1/4 tsppoultry seasoning
How to Make Cheddar Chicken Pot Pie
- Preheat oven to 425.
- To prepare crust, combine 1 cup baking mix and water until soft dough forms; beat vigorously.
- Gently smooth dough into a ball on floured surface.
- Knead 5 times.
- Follow directions accordingly for crust.
- To prepare filling, heat broth in a saucepan.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and bell peppers.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until all is tender.
- Blend flour with milk.
- Stir into broth mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cheese, chicken and poultry seasoning.
- Heat until cheese melts.
- Spoon into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Place crust over filling in casserole.
- Seal edges.
- Make slits in crust for steam.
- Bake, for 40 minutes or until golden brown.