- 2 lb
- skinless, boneless chicken breast halves and/or thighs
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 1 large
- chopped green sweet pepper (½ green and ½ red)
- 1 c
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- dried oregeano or dried thyme
- 2 can(s)
- 10 3/4 oz. cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 c
- 12 oz
- dried egg noodles or the pasta of your choice
- 8 oz
- dairy sour cream
- freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
How to Make Chciken Stroganoff
- 1Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. In a large skillet combine the chicken pieces and onion. Cover and cook on low-heat until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices are clear.
- 2In a medium bowl stir together the soup, water, herbs, garlic, and mushrooms. Pour over chicken and onion and cook on a very low heat. Cook for 20 to thirty minutes stirring occasionally. Add the sweet peppers the last 5 minutes to allow the peppers to retain a little crunch.
- 3Cook noodles or pasta according to package directions. Drain. Just before serving, stir sour cream into the skilet and cook an additional 5 minutes. (to make sure the sauce is hot enough)..
- 4Spoon stroganoff mixture over hot cooked noodles to serve. If desired, sprinkle with black pepper, and parsley for garnish..