1/4 cgreen onion, minced
1 clong grain rice, uncooked
1 cchicken broth
2 ccooked chicken, diced
1/4 cpimiento strips
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 tspprepared mustard
How to Make Charleston Chicken & Rice
- Heat oil in wok.
- Add green onion and stir fry until soft.
- Stir in rice until grains are coated with oil.
- Pour in broth and water.
- Add paprika, pepper and salt.
- Stir only until blended.
- Bring to a boil cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer until rice is tender and almost all liquid has been absorbed.
- Add chicken and pimiento.
- Stir gently to blend.
- Remove wok from heat and let stand, covered for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in worcestershire sauce with mustard.
- If necessary return work to low heat.
- Toss and stir gently with a fork until reheated.