★★★★★ 1 vote5
3chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
2 Tbspolive oil
1/4 cchampagne, dry
1/2 cheavy cream
3 Tbspfresh tarragon, finely chopped
·salt and freshly ground pepper
OPTIONAL TOPPING INGREDIENTS
6 sliceprosciutto, sliced 1/4" thick
3shallots, finely chopped
How to Make Champagne Chicken
- Cut chicken into 1/4" wide slices.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet.
- Saute the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with the champagne.
- Add the cream to the pan.
- Add the tarragon and reduce the sauce for two minutes.
- Put the chicken back into the pan and bring just to a simmer.
- Remove to serving platter.
- Serve hot with fresh vegetables or over rice or pasta.
- Cut each chicken breast in half (hamburger style).
- Place each half between sheets of waxed paper and pound with a meat tenderizer until about 1/8" thick.
- Saute shallots in butter until tender.
- Divide shallots equally between the breast halves, spreading evenly over each.
- Place one slice of prosciutto on each breast half, fold in half, and secure with toothpicks.
- Saute about 4 to 5 minutes on each side in the butter and olive oil listed in the original ingredients.
- Chicken is done when it springs back when lightly pressed with finger.
- Follow the same directions for the sauce as listed above. Serve with wild rice.