Cathys Cheesy Salsa Chicken and Rice
4-6chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
2 1/2 crice
1 Tbsplow sodium taco seasoning
1 jar(s)salsa of choice (i used chi-chi's hot salsa)
1 can(s)reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
1 can(s)choice of beans drained and rinsed (i used pink)
1 cany kind of shredded cheese (i used leftover queso dip cheese)
1 cfrench's french fried onions
How to Make Cathys Cheesy Salsa Chicken and Rice
- In a large enough pan put chicken thighs and water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked thru. Remove chicken from broth to cool and then cut into bite size pieces and put on the side until needed.
- I cooked the rice in the broth from poaching the chicken thighs. I also added 2 Tbsp of Taco seasoning... (optional)
- While the rice is cooking in a large bowl add the salsa, cream of chicken soup, rinsed beans, and cheese and mix well.
Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large baking dish spray with cooking spray add a small amount of sauce mixture to coat the bottom. Add 1/2 the rice, chicken, 1/2 the sauce and 1/2 of the french fried onions then add the rest of the rice, the rest of the sauce then top with the rest of the french fried onions.
- Cover and bake for about 30 minutes or until everything is heated thru well.