3 lbchicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1/2 lbchinese pea pods
2 cbamboo shoots, drained
1 cchicken broth
1/4 csoy sauce
4 Tbspsalad oil
How to Make Cashew Chicken
- Slice breasts horizontally into very thin slices and cut into inch squares.
- Place on tray.
- Prepare vegetables, removing ends and strings from pea pods, slicing mushrooms, green part of onions and the bamboo shoots.
- Add to tray.
- Mix soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet over moderate heat, add all the nuts and cook 1 minute shaking the pan, toasting the nuts lightly.
- Remove and reserve.
- Pour remaining oil in pan, fry chicken quickly, turning often until it looks opaque.
- Lower heat to low.
- Add pea pods, mushrooms and broth.
- Cover and cook slowly for 2 minutes.
- Remove cover, add soy sauce mixture, bamboo shoots and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Simmer uncovered a bit more and add green onions and nuts and serve immediately.