Carolina Barbecue Chicken Croquettes
I like to serve mine with my Cajun Gumbo'd Okra or even creamy homemade cheddar mashed potatoes.
- 1 bottle
- carolina bbq sauce (your favorite brand)
- chicken thighs (use boneless, skinless if you can)
- 1 pkg
- white or brown rice
- 1/2 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 c
- red kidney beans, freshly boiled
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped garlic
- 1/2 stick
- salted cream butter
- 1 c
- dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- enough seasoned panko to coat croquettes
- enough water to top off the pot
- enough vegetable oil to fry
- optional seasoned salt to taste
How to Make Carolina Barbecue Chicken Croquettes
- 1Place all ingredients (save panko) in a large lidded pot, top off with water until about 1in below the rim.
- 2Boil until rice is completely cooked.
- 3Scoop out chicken thighs, and shred chicken. Discard bones.
- 4Add shredded chicken back in pot, allow to thicken.
- 5Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- 6When cool, form into balls or patties (need to use more vegetable oil if balls), coat with panko.
- 7In a medium high pan with enough oil to go half way for patties or submerge for balls, cook until amber brown. I cook about 4 at a time.
- 8Place on towel to drain, optionally salt with seasoned salt.