- 9 oz
- rigatoni or penne pasta
- 2 c
- tomato sauce (i use prego - fresh mushroom)
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/3 c
- finely grated romano cheese
- 1 clove
- garlic, finely minced
- red pepper flakes (optional, to taste)
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pt
- grape tomatoes, halved
- 12 oz
- fresh mozzarella, grated
- fresh basil
How to Make Caprese Pasta
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cook pasta to al dente according to directions listed on package.
- 3While pasta is boiling, in a separate medium saucepan over medium low heat, heat tomato pasta sauce, heavy cream, Romano cheese, garlic, optional red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.
- 4Drain cooked pasta well, return pasta to pot. Add in grilled diced chicken, grape tomatoes, half of the mozzarella and half of the basil ribbons, then pour warm sauce over mixture. Toss to evenly coat.
- 5Serve warm sprinkled with remaining fresh basil.
- 6Recipe adapted from "How Sweet it Is" via Pinterest