★★★★★ 1 vote5
9 ozrigatoni or penne pasta
2 ctomato sauce (i use prego - fresh mushroom)
1/2 cheavy cream
1/3 cfinely grated romano cheese
1 clovegarlic, finely minced
·red pepper flakes (optional, to taste)
·salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 ptgrape tomatoes, halved
12 ozfresh mozzarella, grated
How to Make Caprese Pasta
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta to al dente according to directions listed on package.
- While pasta is boiling, in a separate medium saucepan over medium low heat, heat tomato pasta sauce, heavy cream, Romano cheese, garlic, optional red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.
- Drain cooked pasta well, return pasta to pot. Add in grilled diced chicken, grape tomatoes, half of the mozzarella and half of the basil ribbons, then pour warm sauce over mixture. Toss to evenly coat.
- Serve warm sprinkled with remaining fresh basil.
- Recipe adapted from "How Sweet it Is" via Pinterest