Capital Chicken Skillet1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2chicken breasts, boneless
11 ozcream of mushroom soup
1 cport wine
1/4 cdry milk powder
15 ozartichoke hearts
How to Make Capital Chicken Skillet
- Remove bones, skin, and all fat from chicken; cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In large skillet, heat oil on medium.
- Brown chicken on all sides.
- Drain mushrooms and add to skillet.
- Stir in flour.
- Add soup, wine, and water; cook, stirring, about 10 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Stir in dry milk, salt, tarragon, and pepper.
- Drain artichoke hearts.
- Chop green onions.
- Mix in artichoke hearts, green onions, and parsley.
- Heat through and serve over rice.
- For heartier servings, add frozen green beans or peas after sauce thickens.
- The original recipe called for 1/2 c cream rather than 1/4 cup dry milk.