Mertzie's Cajun Style Crispy Tender Tenders
3-4chicken breasts, flattened & tenderized (or use chicken tenders)
1/2cup mayo (i like hellman's only)
2 tspcajun seasoning
·mix of dill weed; parsley; basil; celery seed; onion powder; garlic powder;
·salt & pepper
How to Make Mertzie's Cajun Style Crispy Tender Tenders
- I soaked the chicken breasts in milk overnight. I also mixed the mayo & seasoning mix overnight so the seasonings blended well.
- Preheat oven to 425. Make sure the chicken is cut in slices to your liking (I sliced them like chicken fingers to eat with your fingers). Heat the baking sheet in the oven as you're prepping the chicken.
- Smother the chicken pieces with the mayo mix until nicely coated. Then in a separate bowl, coat each piece with the panko & bisquick mix. Lay parchment paper on the baking sheet & then lay on the chicken, careful not to overcrowd.
- I sprayed the chicken tops with a little cooking spray & added more Cajun seasoning & a little Paprika for nice color.
- Should be about 20 minutes until they are fully cooked, depending on their size.
- Enjoy! We served w/ BBQ & other sauces, sweet potato fries, baked beans & cole slaw. (And Sweet Tea). :)