Cajun Party Chicken Boats
Mary R Morris
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These chicken breasts were like a "Pirouge" full of yummy crawfish!! The crawfish cooks down in the butter and onions. It's a perfect complement to the mild chicken breast. This is simple and will definitely impress guests. If you wanted to spice it up a bit, season your chicken with a little creole seasoning. An easy dinner recipe! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Cajun Party Chicken Boats
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Bake (just to brown but still very juicy) 20 to 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Make a cut in the center of each breast without cutting all the way through. Pull into shape of a boat with a hole in the middle.
- Saute crawfish with fat and onions in the butter. Add salt and pepper to taste... watch the salt.
- Fill cavities of chicken breast with crawfish mixture and serve. I have what ever I am going to serve with it ready. I sometimes sprinkle minced parsley on top just before serving or put a sprig of parsley on the plate for color.
- Personal Note: I have used this same recipe for broiled fish. I keep a couple of bags of crawfish tails in the freezer. They are found in the seafood section of most stores often in the frozen section. This make a great entree for a dinner party and it is a lot cheaper than beef and just requires a few minutes to make. Serve with a dessert and a nice loaf of crusty bread.