Cajun Injector Sauce for Turkey or Chickens
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 stickbutter, margarine
3 cchicken broth
3 Tbspcajun seasoning
4 pkgturkey gravy mix (use chicken for baking chickens
1 Tbsponion powder
1 1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 cfruit juice i use satsuma since they are ripe at thanksgiving here.
How to Make Cajun Injector Sauce for Turkey or Chickens
- Melt butter, add all the rest of indgredients and whisk till smooth. I fill a large take out drink cup at a time with mix. (Easier to drawn out with injector. Reserve 1/2 cup.
- Draw down and begin injecting. Tips: NEVER PUNCTURE SKIN OF TURKEY OR CHICKEN. Go inside and insert in breast area first. I go though the neck cavity to start,then I do the wings. Then thighs from back end cavity. Then breast area again from this angle. I also inject through the wing tips. Then last everyones favorite the legs. Inject from cavity then I go to the leg end (Foot-Ankle) and inject from that side.
- At this point if you have done well your turkey will have started to grow. (Poof up) Use all the mixture up. Will do a 12 to 15 pd turkey. Leftovers can be stored in frig, and reheated to use in other poultry.
- I leave 1/2 cup and brush this on top and outside my bird.
- Bake as directed. Lat stand 30 minutes for juices to set. If not they will squirt out and burn you.
- This will make your turkey juicy, and well seasoned through out. When you slice it you will see the seasonings and the gravy in every piece.
- Now for chickens you can cut the reciepe down by half. And that will do 2. I always do 2, then I debone it for sandwiches and salads. Save that energy and time. Save the carcass for your next broth!
- Substitute lemon juice or apple juice for chicken. If I use apple at the last 15 minutes of baking, I brush melted apple jelly on the outside. Yummy.
- You may substitute half lemon juice and half pomagrante. That brightens up it too. Also you can use pineapple juice and 20 before cookings over put pineapple rings over the top of the chicken.
- Try new combinations. Explore when you cook. Oh for you who like things spiced up.. try Jalapeno juice and tomato sauce or Spicy V-8. Olay!!