★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 boxzatarain's smothered chicken mix (prepared as directed with water and oil)
1 lbchicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1 can(s)refried beans
6-8medium flour tortillas
1 can(s)enchilada sauce (temperature of your choice)
16 ozcheese, shredded (cheddar or mexican blend)
8 ozsour cream
How to Make Cajun Chicken Enchiladas
- prepare zatarain's mix as directed with chicken.
- smear tortillas with beans in a thin layer.
- fill with zatarain's chicken and rice mixture.
- roll and place side by side in a 9 x 13 pan.
- smear tops with sour cream.
- pour enchilada sauce over top.
- sprinkle cheese on top.
- bake at 375 degrees until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through.
- You can top with whatever your preference is....lettuce, tomato, onion. I also have 'kicked up' the enchilada sauce with cajun seasoning.