Cajun Chicken & Andoulille Alfredo Sauce Ovr Pasta
Diane Hopson Smith
I'm not sure you could find better in a fine Restaurant. I would definitely consider this dish when entertaining.
Another inspired dish from Southern Living.
Hope you enjoy as much as I did!
- 3 c
- chicken breast, cooked and cut up in bite size pieces
- 1/2 lb
- andouille sausage
- 1/2 c
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 small
- bell pepper, chopped
- ribs of celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- cajun seasoning
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 6 oz
- pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed (i used velveeta)
- 3/4 c
- chopped green onion
- 1/3 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
- (12-ounce) package fettuccine, cooked by directions
NOTE: YOU CAN USE 1 POUND UNPEELED MEDIUM SIZED SHRIMP IN PLACE OF CHICKEN
How to Make Cajun Chicken & Andoulille Alfredo Sauce Ovr Pasta
- 3Melt butter in drippings in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes or just until it starts to brown; remove and keep warm.
IF USING SHRIMP: Cook over medium heat just until shrimp turns pink, about 5 minutes; remove from heat and keep warm.
- 4Add onion and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat 10 minutes. Stir in Cajun seasoning and flour. Cook over medium heat, 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Boil 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in heavy cream; cook over medium-low heat 8 minutes or until mixture simmers. Add pasteurized cheese cubes, sausage, and chicken (OR SHRIMP IN PLACE OF CHICKEN), stirring until cheese melts.
- 6NOTE: this freezes well! When reheating, reheat on a LOW heat.