Cajun Chicken and Rice
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 1/2 lbs)
- 1 tsp
- cajun seasoning
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 large
- bell pepper (your choice of color), chopped
- green onions, chopped
- 3/4 c
- celery, chopped
- 1 c
- long grain rice, uncooked
- 3 oz
- bacon pieces
- 1 c
- 1 can(s)
- (14 oz) reduced sodium chicken broth
How to Make Cajun Chicken and Rice
- 1Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks. Sprinkle with cajun seasoning. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- 2In same skillet, cook pepper, three-fourths of green onions and celery for 5 minutes, or until pepper is crisp-tender. Add uncooked rice to skillet and cook 1 minute.
- 3Return chicken to skillet. Stir in bacon pieces, salsa and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice has absorbed liquid and chicken is done (internal temperature should reach 170 degrees F.
- 4Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with remaining green onions. Refrigerate any leftovers.