Buttermilk Chicken Nugget's - Dee Dee's
How to Make Buttermilk Chicken Nugget's - Dee Dee's
- Wash chicken nuggets and remove visible fat. Place chicken in salted water and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Pat dry with paper towel. Pour buttermilk in shallow bowl.
- Put skillet on medium high heat; add canola oil about 1 inch deep.
- Dip each nugget in the buttermilk, making sure it is completely coated.
- In a large ziploc bag, mix flour, salt, pepper and seasoning salt.
- Place several nuggets in the bag of flour, shake to thoroughly coat all sides.
- Shake each piece to remove loose flour.
- Place chicken in the hot oil; being careful not to over crowd the pan.
- Let chicken fry until just golden brown and crispy, then turn and let second side get golden brown, being careful when turning not to break the buttermilk crust.
- Check to make sure heat is not too high and chicken does not brown to fast.
- Turn pieces over once more and cook a few minutes longer until crust is crisped.
- If crust on the sides of the breast is still soft and mushy, turn those pieces on their side in the oil for a minute or two so they can fry up crisp.
- Place the nuggets on paper-towel lined plate to drain excess oil.