Serve with mash potatoes,vegetables,a salad,and cranberry sauce.
I like to use skinless chicken breasts or skinless chicken breasts & thighs. You may desire to add drumsticks. (I use skinless chicken. Because I do not like picking meat off from bones or to have my guests do so either.)
- 6-8 large
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 2 1/2 c
- 1 1/4-1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2-2 tsp
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- 1/4-1/2 c
- butter or margarine
- 2-3 101/2 oz
- cans cream of chicken soup
How to Make BUTTERMILK CHICKEN
- 1Dip chicken pieces in 1 cup buttermilk. Then roll in flour seasoned with, desired, amount of salt and pepper. Melt butter or margarine in bottom of a 13x9x2-inch pan.
Put chicken pieces in pan, top sides down, and bake, uncovered, in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Turn chicken pieces and bake 15 minutes.
- 2Blend remaining 11/2 cup buttermilk and soup; pour on top and around chicken pieces. Bake 15 minutes longer or until done.
- 3Remove pieces of chicken and put on serving dish. Stir mixture in bottom of pan. Pour mixture into 1-2 measuring cups and use as a gravy over mashed potaoes and/or chicken pieces. Serve with your favorite vegtables and/or a salad. (I serve cranberry sauce along with the meal.)...Enjoy!