4chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1/2 tspsalt and pepper
1 1/2 cbuttermilk , divided
1 can(s)(10.5 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)(4 oz) mushrooms, drained
How to Make Buttermilk Baked Chicken
- heat oven to 425.
- place butter in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish, place in the oven until butter is melted.
- sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. place 1/2 cup of the buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- place flour in another shallow bowl. dip chicken in the buttermilk, then dredge in the flour. place dredged chicken in the baking dish. bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- turn chicken pieces over in the baking dish and bake for 10 minutes more. meanwhile, stir together the remaining 1 cup buttermilk, cream of mushroom soup and mushrooms.
- pour over the chicken and bake for 10 more minutes, shielding with foil to prevent excessive browning. serve over rice.