Butter Fried Chicken
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c
- ritz butter crackers, crushed finely
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- real butter, cut in slices
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1/2 c
- real butter, melted
- eggs, beaten
- 1/8 c
- grated parmesean cheese (the kind you find in the shaker canisters)
How to Make Butter Fried Chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 2Soak chicken pieces in a medium bowl or resealable plastic bag with the melted butter for 20-30 minutes in the refridgerator.
- 3Put all dry ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag and shake to mix well.
- 4Coat each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, and place in plastic bag with the dry ingredients. Shake and mix well to coat the chicken completely.
- 5Arrange coated chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place pieces of butter around the chicken
- 6Bake for a total of 25-30 minutes in the oven (or until juices run clear). For a really crispy product (the bottoms can get a bit soggy cooking in teh baking pan), I remove the chicken 1/2 way through the cooking process, and place them on a cookie cooling rack placed over a cookie baking sheet so that the bottom crisps up a bit. Other times I cook the entire time in the baking dish, if I'm being lazy. I love it either way!!!
- 7This is awesome served with either twice baked smashed potatoes or butter noodles, with veggies on the side.