1/2 cchicken stock, low salt
1head garlic(10 cloves) peeled
3 cbow-tie pasta
2 lbchicken thighs
1 smallonion, diced
10 ozsliced mushrooms
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2 Tbspwhole wheat flour
1 ptlow-fat half-and-half
1/2 cdiced, drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
2 Tbspgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Bunyan's Diabetic Tuscan Chicken Milano
- Crank up the broiler or fire up the grill and get it hot.
- In small saucepan over high heat, bring broth and garlic to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and let simmer until garlic is softened.
- Meanwhile, back at the ranch, cook the bow-tie pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Season the thighs LIGHTLY with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, if desired.
- Grill or broil chicken until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Let sit 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute. Then take the skin off, debone and cut into bite size pieces. Pitch the skin and bones
- In nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onions and mushrooms in olive oil for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually add flour, stirring until mixture resembles a paste.
- Slowly whisk in broth; cook until mixture thickens.
- Stir in sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan, chicken and pasta.
- Slowly stir in the half and half
- Heat through, stirring frequently, season to taste with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper