Bunyan's Diabetic Beer Crocked Chicken
1, 5 lbchicken
1, 12 ozbeer
1 conion, diced
1/2 ccarrot, diced
1/2 ccelery, diced
·whatever seasoning you like on your chicken
2 Tbspolive oil
1, 4 ozred potato, per person to be served
How to Make Bunyan's Diabetic Beer Crocked Chicken
- OK, here we go! Crank your oven up to 550!
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and pat it dry with paper towels
- Season it with copious amounts of whatever seasonings ya wanna use, making sure you get UNDER the skin and inside the cavities.
- Plop it on a rack in roasting pan and stick it in the oven.
- Let er go for 15 minutes or just until golden brown
- Meanwhile back at the ranch! Saute the veggies in the olive oil til just translucent
- Dump the sauteed veggies in your crock pot with the can, or bottle, of beer.
- Put your golden brown chicken in the crock pot and toss in 1 red spud for each member of your family
- Cover, set the crock pot on high and let er go for 2 hours, or until the chicken hits 180 on a thermometer.
- When the chicken is done take it out of the crock pot and set it aside to rest
- OH, um ya might wanna take the veggies outta the stock too! They kinda get in the way when you're whisking in the slurry!
- Thicken the stock with a whole wheat flour and water slurry