Bunyan's Diabetic Beer Crocked Chicken
- 1, 5 lb
- 1, 12 oz
- 1 c
- onion, diced
- 1/2 c
- carrot, diced
- 1/2 c
- celery, diced
- whatever seasoning you like on your chicken
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1, 4 oz
- red potato, per person to be served
How to Make Bunyan's Diabetic Beer Crocked Chicken
- 1OK, here we go! Crank your oven up to 550!
- 2Wash the chicken thoroughly and pat it dry with paper towels
- 3Season it with copious amounts of whatever seasonings ya wanna use, making sure you get UNDER the skin and inside the cavities.
- 4Plop it on a rack in roasting pan and stick it in the oven.
- 5Let er go for 15 minutes or just until golden brown
- 6Meanwhile back at the ranch! Saute the veggies in the olive oil til just translucent
- 7Dump the sauteed veggies in your crock pot with the can, or bottle, of beer.
- 8Put your golden brown chicken in the crock pot and toss in 1 red spud for each member of your family
- 9Cover, set the crock pot on high and let er go for 2 hours, or until the chicken hits 180 on a thermometer.
- 10When the chicken is done take it out of the crock pot and set it aside to rest
- 11OH, um ya might wanna take the veggies outta the stock too! They kinda get in the way when you're whisking in the slurry!
- 12Thicken the stock with a whole wheat flour and water slurry