Buffalo Wing Sauce
This recipe can be adjusted for your own taste. We love garlic so ours has lots of garlic in it.
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 stick
- butter, unsalted
- 1 1/4 pt
- hot sauce(crystal louisiana hot sauce)
- 3-4 clove
- garlic, chopped fine
- 1 1/4 Tbsp
- rice wine vinegar
- chicken wing pieces, drummies and/or flats
How to Make Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1Melt butter and saute garlic on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add flour and stir making a roux. Cook for 5 minutes. Then slowly add the hot sauce while whisking constantly. Whisking will eliminate lumps. Add vinegar. OPTIONAL: add additional pepper sauce, such as habanero, if you would like to make sauce hotter.
- 2In the meantime, fry or grill the wing pieces until done. Place cooked chicken pieces in a large bowl. Add as much of the wing sauce as you like and toss, thoroughly coating wings.
- 3This sauce is great on fried chicken tenders, too. For a quick snack, pick up some fried chicken wings or tenders from the deli in your local grocery store, pour this sauce over them and toss. I make a double batch of this sauce to have it on hand so it's ready when i want something spicy!