- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle
- your personal favorite buffalo wing sauce
- kaiser or torpedo rolls
- shredded lettuce
- bottle or jar of bleu cheese or ranch dressing
- crumbled bleu cheese
How to Make Buffalo Joes
- 1Season the chicken breasts with garlic powder and cayenne pepper to taste. Place the chicken in a slow cooker and cook until done, well enough to shred the chicken. 4 hours on high.
- 2Drain the juices from the chicken and discard (or strain and save for stock).
Shred the chicken with two forks in the cooker.
- 3Add your Buffalo Sauce to the chicken until the chicken is well coated. Sauce should drip off the chicken.
Place chicken on rolls, sprinkle with crumbled bleu cheese, lettuce and dressing of choice. I usually let my family build their own.
- 4I use Buffalo Sauce, not hot sauce. There are several good brands out there: Sweet Baby Rays, Hooters sells theirs in grocery stores, Texas Pete (my favorite) has a nice mild sauce too. I do these about twice a month. I put the cooker on the counter with the sauce added. Place the rolls in a basket, the dressings and lettuce on the counter and let everyone build their Buffalo Joes. Great busy day supper. I have done mini sliders for a cook out and covered dish dinners using this as well. ENJOY!!