Buffalo Girl's Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 pkg
- (1/4 oz) active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 c
- warm water (110 - 115 degrees)
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/4 c
- whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- additional oil
- 3/4 c
- chicken, cooked and chopped or diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- butter, salted
- 1/3 c
- frank's red hot or crystal cayenne pepper sauce
- 3/4 c
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- carrot and celery sticks
- blue cheese dressing
How to Make Buffalo Girl's Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 2 TBS oil. In medium bowl, combine wheat flour, sugar and salt. Add to yeast mixture and stir until smooth. Stir in just enough of your 2 cups of all purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 2Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20-25 minutes.
- 3Punch dough down. Pat dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a 14 in. pizza pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- 4Melt butter in microwave-safe bowl. Stir in pepper sauce until well blended. (Are you salivating yet??)
- 5Remove dough from oven. Lightly brush remaining oil over crust. Using the back of a table spoon, rub hot sauce mixture to 1/2 in of edge of dough. Use as much or as little as desired. Sprinkle chicken over hot sauce. Sprinkle cheese over entire pizza. Bake an additional 10 minutes until chicken is hot, and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 6Serve with carrots and celery, and blue cheese dressing.
- 7Here's a little tip: I use anything from leftover baked chicken to the last couple of forgotten fried chicken tenderloins in the bag at the back of the freezer. Also, when you remove the pizza from the oven, you can sprinkle blue cheese crumbles on top.