Buffalo Chicken Fried Wontons
All the flavor of buffalo chicken wings without the messy fingers.
1 pkg(48) wonton wrappers
12 1/2 ozcanned chicken breast, drained
2/3 cred hot sauce
1 ccoleslaw mix
1 ccrumbled blue cheese
1egg, lightly beaten
·oil for frying
·blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Fried Wontons
- In a bowl, stir chicken,hot sauce, coleslaw, and blue cheese until well mixed, using more or less sauce depending on your heat preference.
- Lay wonton wrapper in front of you so that it forms a diamond shape. Spread one teaspoon of filling in middle of wrapper. (Be sure not to overfill wonton - the filling might leak out during cooking or the wrapper will brown before the filling is cooked.)
- Wet the left and right edges of the wonton with the beaten egg and bring them together, pressing to seal.
- Heat 2-inches of oil in a wok to 360 degrees F. Deep fry the wontons, a few at a time, turning occasionally so they brown evenly. Deep fry about 2 minutes, until they turn golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
If you have a deep fryer, set temperature to 360 degrees F. and add a few wontons at time; frying until they become golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch salad dressing for dipping.