Buffalo Chicken Fried Wontons
All the flavor of buffalo chicken wings without the messy fingers.
- 1 pkg
- (48) wonton wrappers
- 12 1/2 oz
- canned chicken breast, drained
- 2/3 c
- red hot sauce
- 1 c
- coleslaw mix
- 1 c
- crumbled blue cheese
- egg, lightly beaten
- oil for frying
- blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Fried Wontons
- 1In a bowl, stir chicken,hot sauce, coleslaw, and blue cheese until well mixed, using more or less sauce depending on your heat preference.
- 2Lay wonton wrapper in front of you so that it forms a diamond shape. Spread one teaspoon of filling in middle of wrapper. (Be sure not to overfill wonton - the filling might leak out during cooking or the wrapper will brown before the filling is cooked.)
- 3Wet the left and right edges of the wonton with the beaten egg and bring them together, pressing to seal.
- 4Heat 2-inches of oil in a wok to 360 degrees F. Deep fry the wontons, a few at a time, turning occasionally so they brown evenly. Deep fry about 2 minutes, until they turn golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
If you have a deep fryer, set temperature to 360 degrees F. and add a few wontons at time; frying until they become golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 5Serve with blue cheese or ranch salad dressing for dipping.