Buddy's Italian Chicken and Rice Casserole
Don't forget the rice though. I made it without once and the flavor wasn't the same.
I don't have a pic of the recipe so am using a pic of who the recipe is named after. Buddy. My pet skunk. My pride and joy. My baby boy.
10 lbchicken leg quarters
1 Tbspseason salt
1/2 tspsalt and pepper
45 ozjar ragu garden combo spaghetti sauce
45 ozjar ragu tomato, garlic, onion spaghetti sauce
16 sliceamerican cheese
·parmesan cheese in shaker jar
4 bag(s)boil in bag rice or equivalant other rice
How to Make Buddy's Italian Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Boil Chicken in water, season salt and salt and pepper until chicken falls off the bone. Transfer chicken to a bowl and put in fridge for several hours to cool to the touch.
- If desired pour Chicken broth in containers and freeze for for soups and recipes.
- Separate chicken from bones, shredding chicken into small pieces. Putting the chicken in separate bowl. Skin too is optional. Throw away bones.
- Pour both Ragu jars of sauce in with chicken and thoroughly mix together. I use my hands for better mixing.
- Add mixture to large deep casserole dish, roasting pan or baking pan. Spread evenly like you would cake mix.
- Lay American Cheese on top being careful not to overlap slices but touching. Cover whole top.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top making sure to cover all.
- Bake at 350* for approx 1 to 1-1/2 hours til cheeses start to brown. Take out of oven to stove top.
- About halfway through end of cook time..
Fill large pot 1/2 way with water. Bring to boil. Add 4 bags of rice. Let cook 10 minutes. Drain and empty bags into a bowl.
Or cook rice according to directions if you use regular rice.
- Put some rice on a plate or in bowl. Spoon chicken mix on top. Making sure to get a slice of cheese. Each cheese section is one serving.
- Mix together and enjoy.