Buca Di Beppo's Chicken with Lemon (Amazing!)
It used to only be on Buca Di Beppo's menu once in awhile, but I'd always ask for it, whenever I went there for dinner. I guess they got tired of me asking about it all the time, because they gave me the recipe.
It's so delicious, and a lot easier to make, then you'd think.
They finally put it in the menu permanently, but it's nice to be able to make it at home, so you can have it anytime you want (and at a fraction of the price,too!)
It's definitely one of my favorite foods to eat -anywhere-!
2chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 3/4 lb total)
1/4 colive oil
1/4 cwhite wine
4 ozbutter, unsalted, softened
How to Make Buca Di Beppo's Chicken with Lemon (Amazing!)
- Cut 3 lemons in half and use for fresh lemon juice. Pour the juice through a fine strainer.
- Begin to heat the olive oil in a 12 inch saute pan on med-high.
- Pound the chicken to about 1/4 thickness.
- While the oil is getting hot, lightly season both sides of the chicken breast with salt.
- Lightly dust the chicken breast in the flour, and shake off any excess flour.
- Place the chicken in the saute pan, when the chicken turns golden brown, turn it over and brown the other side as well. It is important to brown both sides to insure that the chicken is completely cooked though.
- When both sides are nice and brown, add the white wine, and lemon juice.
- Continue to cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes. The liquid should reduce approximately in half.
- Once the liquid is reduced, remove the chicken breasts from the pan and turn off the heat.