20 ozbroccoli, frozen
1/2 ccelery, chopped
1/2 conion, chopped
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
8 ozprocessed cheese spread
2 crice, cooked
2 cchicken, cooked and chopped
How to Make Broccoli and Chicken Casserole
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add celery and onion, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until tender.
- Remove mixture from skillet, and set aside.
- Combine soups and milk in skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring often, just until thoroughly heated.
- Add cheese spread, stirring until melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in broccoli, celery mixture, rice, chicken and pepper.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Notes: You can make this popular one-dish meal even better by relying on reduced-fat cream soups - perfect for casseroles.
- Some supermarkets also carry a lighter version of process cheese spread.